Sunday, April 18, 2010

SCDF Bonding Day - 10th April 2010

Overall I enjoyed my trip to the Civil Defence Academy. It allowed me to break the ice between my other National Civil Defence Cadet Corps cadets. This also allowed me to see what are the few things I can look forward to. For example, somewhere in October, I can look forward to entering the furnace, an area where not only will I have my fire safety examination but also where I get to experience how the environment is like in a real fire, except I am safe from any dangers of the fire. I also got the chance to experience what it is like to use a thermal scanner in an extremely dark area.

 Apart from all these activities, I also got to experience using the water hose and I as even able to see how the search-and-rescue dogs do their jobs by actually being able to sniff out the hidden volunteers.
 It was an extremely enriching course, as I was able to learn about the different kinds of duties a Civil Defence officer has. I will be dying to visit the Civil Defence Academy again if I ever had the chance.








From, 
CDT Delwyn Cheng Ze Kai (Sec one)

No comments: