Friday, April 2, 2010

8th SNCO course reflections

(sorry abit late)Details of the course have been given by the Enciks, so I will only talk about my experience.
For me, the SNCO course was a bit crazy. When I first agreed to go, I thought it would be quite a breeze. I was totally wrong. Everyday somehow the sirs will find fault with us and ask us to knock it down. A CLT told me that we did at least 200 a day! It was tough.
On Thursday, sir Farhan came up to me and told me I would be the COS(=CSM) for the day. My heart raced but I managed it successfully. Through the course, I learnt to step up more, to not be afraid because there will always be someone to guide me through.
During the Scenario Based Learning Assessment (SBLA), I cried during the confined space rescue because I had a bad experience before. I was taken out immediately and the CLTs & sirs tried to comfort me. They tried to talk to me, but I did not respond. Seeing this, sir Trevor told me, "Do not think about how you dropped out halfway. At least you had the courage to go in and try."
As long as we tried, it would not matter the outcome as we had already taken the first step out. Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Big things are only achieved by attending to small beginnings. I hope that in time to come, we will be like a big family and let us begin by caring for one another.
Ma'am Evelyn :D

No comments: